Sunday, February 7, 2010

Code updated today

I have updated the repository with what I have thus far with the code. Again let me stress that right now this code is for developers only. This is not release code. Also if you are using Code::Blocks you will find the Code::Blocks project file already in the source code. If you are using MSVC++ I'm not sure if the project file can be imported or if you need to start with an empty project and just import the code.

I have completed the logic with the Spell Dialog so that it now comes back with a result from the Spell Static Maneuver table. It's not 100% completed as there are still a few rules I have not implemented yet such as action based on types, resistance and so on.

Here is a rough idea of my to do list. I haven't included any dates since I don't know how long each portion will take.

1) Need to move some code into the CombatObj class file in order to allow both the Attack Dialog and Spell Dialog to share some logic. Specifically the attack rolls. I plan to keep the Spell Dialog window for anything spell related included directed spell attacks.

2) Complete the Spell Dialog logic to include Basic Spell Attacks, EAR and BAR rolls, resistance, targets.

3) Include a place in the AddPlayer Dlg to include Spells for the character. This will also include some clean up of the window itself. It's getting clogged with information. (When I have the Character Generator program up and running, these dialog boxes will ultimate disappear and an encounter will automatically generated based on the character sheet. To edit, the character generator will be accessed through Orc as well as Orc can be access through the Character Generator.

4) Start coding the logic for the action steps: Action Declaration Phase, Initiative Phase (Already implemented), Snap action, Normal action, and Deliberate action phase. Have the players select what action will happen in which phase. The program will then parse through each step during combat.

5) This is where code implementation will stop and testing will begin. Once testing is completed I will release Orc from this point as Version 1.0. Ceats will not be a part of this version unless I can get another developer to work on that. Also the only Database for this version will be a RMSS database that has been customized somewhat. It is not an exact copy. Additional databases will not be included unless other developers want to create these databases.

Again I do not have exact dates for each of these goals, however a guess is three to four weeks until I get to testing. I would say a good 2 weeks to test so possibly 6 weeks at least until a stable release of Orc.

After this Elf: A RMSS Character Generator will begin coding. (Yeah, codename right now is Elf. Orc for fighter, Elf for builders ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment